NAP Support Programmes coordination meeting
Wednesday 13 July, 2016, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit, Bonn Germany: During the proceedings of the NAP Expo in Bonn, a meeting was held with all NAP support programme delegates present, to discuss NAP support provision, and coordinate actions and resources. The meeting was convened by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit, and attended by representatives from UNEP, UNDP, UNITAR, USAID, BMZ, IISD, ICI, the US State Department, and FAO.
The objectives of the meeting were:
• To reflect on the state of play on NAPs decisions under Paris agreement and SBSTA/SBI 44 and country needs.
• To learn about and identify potential complementarities and synergies between the different NAP support programs.
• To identify concrete options and next steps for coordination/collaboration among the different program
• To prepare for COP 2.
Group members agreed that the initiative to hold the session was excellent – and working together in this way was potentially extremely valuable. Group members agreed it was useful to understand more about existing programmes, explore complementary aspects and understand better how they can make the best out of opportunities at global, regional and national level.
Gottfried von Gemmingen provided an assessment of the Paris Agreement’s implications in relation to the NAP – in particular Article 7 as basis of discussion – and the implications for the support provided in countries.
This was followed by presentations by each of the support programmes – and discussion of collaboration opportunities.
Outcomes of the meeting include:
- An agreement to put in place a NAP support calendar of events and activities
- Agreement to investigate the hosting of a NAP Support Portal on NAP Central
- Commitment by NAP support teams to sharing training resources and reports.
There was also an agreement to hold another meeting of this NAP support group at a convenient time.
> More information contact firstname.lastname@example.org