Supporting Uzbekistan to advance their NAP process
- On 29 August 2016, the Government of Uzbekistan reached out to UNDP to request their support on the formulation and implementation of a National Adaptation Plan process.
- With support from NAP-GSP, a preliminary mission was undertaken 25-27 October 2016 to hold stakeholder consultations, and identify Uzbekistan’s needs regarding the NAP process.
- Assessment of initiatives on climate mainstreaming and of the institutional framework and capacities relevant to the NAP process through a stakeholder roundtable, qualitative interviews and an extensive desk review.
- The mission also built on Uzbekistan’s participation in the Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia Regional Workshop on the NAP Process, held on 28–30 June, 2016 in Chisinau, Moldova by UNDP and NAP-GSP.
- The mission aimed to provide a snapshot of the currently available and intended planning capacities of the government agencies on climate adaptation planning in order to facilitate systematic mainstreaming of adaptation action in the country’s development planning process. The purpose was to assess and arrive at a consensus on needs and capacities for climate change adaptation and to inform the preparation and development of the country’s National Adaptation Plan (NAP).